Latin Mini Conference Prezi

Juliuse Caesar De Bello Gallico

Spartacus Mash up Video

GE PPT YT Blog Movie: A trip through the Roman Forum: The Coliseum

LOYOLA LATIN STUFF FOR STUDENTS

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Trip through the Roman Forum: The Coliseum

I created this video for two reasons: my love of Rome and the Forum. I love Rome, I lived there for 6 months and when I saw the Coliseum for the first time I fell in love. Just imagine, you've just arrived in the city and you take the subway straight to the Roman Forum stop. You climb the stairs and come out of the station only to find yourself in the awesome shadow of the Coliseum. It is the most defining piece of architecture in Rome and recognizable world over.

I am currently teaching Latin, so I thought why not kill two birds with one stone. I should use this opportunity to not only create something for the class that I take but for the classes I teach. I have now decided that for Latin 3 final it will be a projected something like this. I like to incorporate technology as much as possible into my class even though it is hard when you teach a dead language and you don't have the necessary hardware.

So the video is easily broken into 3 parts: 1st general information about the Roman Forum, 2nd part is about the assignment that I thought I would incorporate for my students and 3rd is my actual project for C&I 515.

No comments:

Post a Comment